Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spring Semester 2008

Well tonight starts my Spring 2008 semester at Ohlone. I was really bummed to learn that my last ASL class (ASL 104) was cancelled. Knowing myself, I figured it would be wise to find something else to take on campus - to keep me in the swing of showing up! I will be the first to admit it has been fabulous not to have that huge hike up to the main building twice a week. I am still hiking, just one night a week.

Tonight's class is Deaf History. There is one required text, which I have already read. It will be good to re-read it again with the lecture and class discussion. I am sure I will get much more out of it this time. I like to think I know a fair amount about Deaf Culture and History just from being the ASL Geek that I am. I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge, and learning from another set of hands.

I don't know anyone else planning to take this class, so hopefully I can make some new friends and expand my ASL social circle...

No comments: