Friday, November 2, 2007

November Meetup

Tonight was my monthly ASL Meetup group at the local Starbucks. I was happy to spend time with several new and old friends playing an ASL handshape card game. Most of the folks are ASL1 students with a sprinkling of ASL2 students in the mix. Everyone told me they enjoyed the game and learned a bit of new vocabulary. It makes me feel good to be able to share some of what I have been learning all these years.

As I was posting the information for the December Meetup, I noticed that I started this group in March of 2006. My how the time passes quickly! The group has 81 registered members, although only 10-15 participate actively. I have made some very good friends through this group and hope to continue making more friends and sharing my knowledge of ASL.