Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Attendance


I had to miss class last night - something I hate to do. My teenage son was sick and needed someone to stay home with him. Being a mom does not stop when the baby becomes 5'10" tall.

Apparently I missed some new games and practice opportunities. I am sure I will catch up, but I worry about the absence. Teacher has a policy of only 2 absences permitted. Last night was #3. He knows I am a serious and dedicated student so I am thankful to be able to continue in the class.

I am starting to think about Spring 2008 semester and what my next ASL course should be. I have two options - continue on to ASL 104 or stay in ASL103 for the second semester. I am not on any strict timeline for completing the ASL classes, so it would not be the end of the world to have a go at 103 again. The plus side is that I would have a head start since I already know the material and the class format. I think 2nd semester ASL103 has an additional assignment (book report) which is no biggie. The down side is that I don't want to necessarily take the "easy route" and become lazy or over-confident. Perhaps it is good to push on to ASL104 to continue challeging myself.

Perhaps a conversation with teacher is in order. He told me before that I was ready for ASL104, but I want to make sure that opinion remains the same after the submission of my recent video story and after missing class last night.

No comments: