Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Class Starts - ASL 103

Tonight starts my next level of ASL instruction. I will be at Ohlone every Tuesday AND Thursday night for class.
Last week I went to the campus to pick up my parking pass. Now understand it has been quite a few years since I have been on campus. I remember it was a bit of a hike up from the parking lot. OMG - it took me longer to climb the 157 steps than it did to drive to Fremont from Pleasanton! The 157 steps up was also from the closest empty parking lot. I think it is fair to assume I will not always get the first parking spot closest to the stairs in the closest lot. Perhaps if I don't have a heart attack, I may actually lose some weight this semester. Once is gets dark and rainy, it is really going to suck.

It was an odd reality to be up higher than the palm trees.

Tonight there are 5 of us who are supposed to be taking the class together. We were all classmates, and now friends, from our previous classes at Las Positas. It is comforting to be going into a new school already knowing a few people. We plan to carpool as much as possible. Plus I think there is safety in numbers as we leave the campus at night.

I have been told that the cirriculum at Ohlone is much more structured and challenging than that at LasPo or DVC. Hopefully I can keep up.

No comments: